The Weekly WORD
- On Monday, April 29th, at 7 p.m., staff favorite Meg Wolitzer (The Uncoupling, The Ten-Year Nap) will celebrate the release of her new novel, The Interestings. Jami Attenberg (The Middlesteins) will be joining her for a conversation that’s certain to be as memorable as it is interesting.
- Tuesday, April 30th, at 7 p.m., WORD is hosting the Brooklyn launch of Brian Kimberling’s Snappers. Kimberling will be joined by Emily Temple of Flavorwire for a conversation perfect for all fans of exciting, new fiction.
- On Wednesday, May 1st, at 7 p.m., acclaimed author Florence Noiville (Isaac B. Singer: A Live) and translator Catherine Temerson will discuss Noville’s The Gift, translation, and the art of loss in literature.
- Thursday, May 2nd, 8 p.m., WORD travels to Public Assembly for a special event starring Cheryl Strayed (Tiny Beautiful Things, Torch) AKA Dear Sugar, brought to you by Largehearted Lit! We’ll all be celebrating the paperback release of Strayed’s bestseller Wild. Join us? There’s still time to get a ticket! (Must be 21+ to attend.)
- On Saturday, May 4th, at 12 p.m., the WORD book group will meet to discuss Mr. Fox by Helen Oyeyemi. Snag a copy in the store today for 10% off.
- Sunday, May 5th, at 1:30 p.m., all the young ones are invited to attend a story time and dance party! Joining us will be author Betsy Bird, author ofGiant Dance Party. Giant Dance Party is Bird’s picture book debut! Come get down!
May is upon us (shriek!). But hey, it’s not all bad! It’s sunny, and we’ve got Igoni Barrett and Maaza Mengiste, baseball in the middle of nowhere, new works from the Greenpoint Writers Group, and the monthly meetings of two books groups: Music Writing Book Group and Classics Book Group! All is well. Hope to see you soon!