The Weekly WORD
- Thursday, August 1st, at 7 p.m., we’ll celebrate the paperback release of Brooklyn author Jacob Tomsky’s hotel tell-all, Heads in Beds. Join the author for a reading, discussion, and signing, to be followed by refreshments. Also, in honor of Short Story Thursdays, Tomsky’s web-based reading group, writer Kristin Dombeck will be reading one of America’s classic hotel tales.
- On Saturday, August 3rd, we’ll host meetings from two of our favorite book groups. The WORD Book Club will meet at 12 p.m. to discuss Saga Vol. 1. Then, at 2:45 p.m., the Romance Book Club will talk Men in Kilts.
- Did you find Waldo in Greenpoint? You did? In that case, join us on Sunday, August 4th, at 3 p.m. We’re holding a party with snacks, drinks, prizes, a drawing, and more in your honor! Haven’t found Waldo yet? There’s still time. Pick up your passport in the store today.
- On August 4th, at 5 p.m., CLASS, a four-class creative writing summer workshop for kids ages 8 to 10, will have its inaugural meeting. Hosted by MFA Molly Quinn, students will discover the joys of writing through various hands-on exercises and exploratory activities.
- On Monday, August 5th, at 7 p.m., we’ll head over to Brooklyn Bridge Park to celebrate NY’s five boroughs! Featuring Colson Whitehead, Victor LaValle, Kevin Baker, Alina Simone, and Binnie Kirshenbaum, this is not to be missed! Books Beneath the Bridge is an ongoing summer program. Head here for more info.
August is off to a pretty great start, and it’s not leting up! Join us the following week for the launch party for Sarah McCarry’s All Our Pretty Songs and meetings from two more books groups: Classics and Music Writing. It’s pretty nice out. Stroll on by!