The Weekly WORD, Brooklyn
- On Tuesday, July 15th, at 7 p.m., we’ll be joined by Amy Sohn, author of, among other things, The Actress. She’ll be in conversation with Choire Sicha (A Very Recent History, The Awl). You’ll be entranced, you’ll be refreshed (by refreshments). We’ll be seat-dancing for joy.
- On Saturday, July 19th, at 11 a.m., our Indie Press Book Group, lead by Dolan Morgan (That’s When the Knives Come Down), will be discussing Faces in the Crowd by Valeria Luiselli, available from Coffee House Press. As usual, all book group picks are 10% off in store.
- Also on Saturday, July 19th, at 1 p.m., YA Not?, our young adult book group for all ages, will beet to discuss Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Pick it up today and you’ll get 10% off.
- Saturday evening, at 7 p.m., Greenpoint Comedy Night returns to WORD with host Michael Karlik. Performers include Sam Evans,
Andy Palmer, Michelle McGill, Brett Hiker, Adrian Davidson, Samantha Bednarz, and Maurice Licorish. Six bucks gets you in and laughing. It also gets you two Brooklyn Brewery beers, which will help with the laughing, if you need it. You won’t.
- Sunday, April 20th, at 5 p.m., marks the next session of Writecraft, WORD’s monthly writing series. This month, Michael R. Underwood (Attack the Geek, Celebromancy) hosts, offering a presentation on dialogue and character voice, as well as an hour of silent writing. You’ve got the ideas. Now give them the time they deserve.
Okay, listen up real quick. Are you tired of accidentally missing your favorite authors when they hang out with us? Check this out: Now you can receive text message alerts about events at WORD. Sign up here. Totally.